9.29.2010

More dots

Remember how I changed this little ditty a few days ago? (I wore it to an after party one night and got tons of compliments! I was so excited!) Well, I had some extra fabric left over from the skirt. I wanted to experiment with some more flowers, so here is what I came up with...

I bought this black shirt from Target on clearance for $4! I couldn't pass it up. It was a little baggy, so I actually used the belt that came with the thrifted dress. It worked out perfectly. I wasn't sure that I liked both the flowers together. It made the top a little heavy, so I ended up just wearing the one on the right. Just added some tulle to make it pop more on the black shirt.

For the flower on the left, I used this tutorial from House of Smith's
 Mine is smaller, and then I also added some tulle over my existing fabric for the center row for more texture. Just had the button on hand and glued it to the middle.

I wore it in my hair to the opera.


I'm always excited when I envision something in my head, and then it actually works!
Now I have some fun new flowers that I can pin wherever I want!

2 comments:

Gretchen J'Deene said...

Love it!!!

Nama said...

Cute! Seriously, I want that shirt. You're so talented!