9.21.2010

Dots

So, while we were in Iowa, we frequented Goodwill a lot  sometimes. I had read about people refashioning thrift store finds and was excited for the challenge. I bought the dress like two months ago, but finally decided what I wanted to do with it.

So, here it is....


Like my new look? I basically just chopped off the bottom, and made a new hem. I was pretty excited, especially when I paired it with an even cheaper find at goodwill- my favorite belt! It is so easy to find good belts at thrift stores.

Just a few days ago one of our new friends suggested that I read a blog she loves called
newdressaday.com. I quickly became addicted. Marisa lives in LA and makes weekly trips to Goodwill to find dresses for $1. It is her goal to make 365 dresses for $365. She blogs each day to show you what she has refashioned. It's amazing! Check it out. She happened to be on the Nate Berkus show today and I was so happy I caught it. Now I have even more ideas.

Happy thrifting!

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

funny, i bought a dress from ross that looks almost the same, and have it pinned to hem into a shirt :) yours looks great!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Nice job! Although you know I loved the dress before too!!! Yay for Goodwill!!!

Linda and Cathy said...

Too cute. xxoox Mom