7.05.2010

The bow



I found this headband online at anthro. A few seconds of perusing led me to believe that I could make it. I still happened to have one dollar store head band left. So, I took some b & w fabric from my stash and went to work. Part of the fun was taking no measurements and just kind of improvising as I went along. I knew I would get a slightly different effect because the fabric above is more gauze like, where I just used cotton fabric.

First, I wrapped the headband with a thin strip of fabric, folding down the exposed edge and using hot glue sporadically to make it tight.
Photobucket
Then I made the bows by sewing a folded piece of fabric wrong sides together, then I flipped it right side out and pinched the center until I was happy with how it looked. I made two pieces, one slightly larger then the other and used a scrap to wrap around the center.
 I've never done a tutorial before, so if anyone is interested in having all the steps, detailed maybe I can make another one and document better. I was pretty happy with it.

It doesn't look exactly the same but you get the idea. I'd love to make a real colorful one next.


Photobucket

Hope everyone had a great weekend and holiday! Gabe stayed very busy but we were able to escape to a BBQ. Fireworks were cancelled due to rain, but if weather permits we will get to see them tomorrow. Fun times!
(This is my "it's 4th of July and we have to take a picture of some sort, even if it's crappy outside" picture. I love photo editing.)

No comments: