6.13.2010

Swords and flowers

Here are a few pics from yesterday. Gabe is currently entrenched in rehearsals for three operas and several different scenes programs. The three operas for this season are Susannah, The Marriage of Figaro and Macbeth. Below Gabe gets to put on a choreographed battle with swords and all the regalia for Macbeth. He is always pumped up when he comes back from those rehearsals and now I know why. Everything is done in slow motion at first, and then is gradually supposed to go faster once everything goes smoothly. I was still nervous, even when they were going at a turtle's speed. I took these while he was onstage, so forgive the quality, he was moving and I didn't want to use the flash. (He's in stripes) 

I'm excited to see the finished scene. While Gabe is playing with swords, I am either watching him or trying to be crafty. It's kind of overwhelming when I see all the cute tutorials online. I feel like I just want to try everything. I made this little rosette hair pin from this tutorial. It was quite easy and I plan to make a bunch more. This little one seems to get lost in my hair. I think it would look cute with a few of them clumped together. I also didn't have an extra barrette, so I just glued it to a bobby pin.  
I looked at this picture and instantly started looking for gray hairs. Isn't that sad. I found one for real a few weeks ago and now I'm scarred. Do you see any? I was also kind of stunned by all the freckles. Summer must be here. Love to you all.

1 comment:

Nama said...

Those hair pins are so cute!