6.16.2010

Iowa day 19

My Day in a nutshell (round 2)

So, again, woke up shamefully late. Whoa with the insomnia. It's weird. Varies from day to day.

Ate lunch (yep, it was that late)

Gabe got back from rehearsal and I told him I wanted to go to Goodwill down the street to see if I could find treasures. Gabe is reluctant, but he has a long break and wants to indulge me. We walk to Goodwill (it's getting hotter, but still nice). We split up, because we always split up at stores. Is that just us? Does anyone else do that? I look through the dresses. One of my sewing goals is to find a dress that needs a little help and alter/embellish/spice it up a bit. No such luck. Then, from across the store I hear Gabe laughing. Not like a belly laugh, but just a little giggle. I instantaneously know someone is flirting with him. That kind of laugh. I don't even have to know what's being said, I just know. Maybe a wife intuition. Gabe had been on the opposite side of the store trying on blazers. Then from behind a lady comes up and proceeds to tell him that he looks good in every one of them blazers and doesn't know why he is even trying them all on.  So, he giggles. I of course am curious, so I walk over to see what he is giggling about...sure enough, and he tells me the story. Then he said "See what happens when you leave me alone." I didn't know goodwill could be a threat. He tries on a jacket and makes this face...


Oh my.
Guess what, he found a blazer for under $5 (not the one above, just to be clear) He may never wear it, but I think it will give him fond memories.

Then we walked to the corner sundry and shared a butterscotch milkshake. Yuuuuuummmmmy.

He played a game of basketball later in the afternoon and I just lounged in the shade and read a book. It was lovely. Good day. He'll be done with rehearsal soon. We'll have to watch more hulu. Seriously, amazing.

Thank you all for the sweet comments and emails about my latest craft endeavors. I love making them so it's always nice to receive the compliments. Thanks a bunch!

Look at my new nephew sporting the snake onsesie. AAAHHHH! How adorable is he? Look at the cheeks. I love it! I think his big brother Aiden is pretty darn cute too.


Bye bye for now :)

No comments: