6.02.2010

Casey's General Store

Ok, so it's basically just a gas station mart. But it's quickly becoming one of my favorite stops here.
I got a 44 ouncer, thats right 44oz fountain diet coke. Several hours later I hadn't even finished it. Note to self, never go with anything bigger than 32oz. I got to the register and the sweet girl said...

"Just the pop?"

and I said with a smile on my face...

"Yep, just the pop."

I am offcially in the midwest. It's nice here. I drove to Des Moines to go to the bank. Wouldn't you know there was a Joann Fabrics less than a mile away. I found fabric for a skirt I have been meaning to make. I've had the pattern for probably over a year and always get too intimidated by it. I will make that skirt. I WILL. I will. I will. I have some other stuff on my to do list as well.

Remember how I told you about the sing through for The marriage of Figaro last night. I decided to go with Gabe. There was a tornado warning, so we were all moved to the basement. I almost bit off all my nails. Where am I going to sleep I kept thinking!  Luckily, by the time it ended the warning was over and we could leave.


Oh, one more thing, my Gram would have been 90 today. Happy Birthday! Miss you!

2 comments:

Nicole Lambert said...

So fun to see what you are up to! Glad you guys are doing well.

Nicole Lambert said...

PS that last comment was from me. Not sure what the - was all about.