6.04.2010

1 week



(museum district, Houston)

What a difference a week makes. We left Houston last Thursday. Here are some things we miss and don't miss...

MISS
1. Our friends, most specifically the Beetles and the butterfly. Real people, promise.
Our church friends are innumerable. Everyone was wonderful!

2. Restaurants! Gabe would like to point out that he specifically misses any Vietnamese sandwich shop.

3. I miss the malls, The Galleria of course, but also Memorial City Mall. Especially the establishment formerly known as Auntie Anne's which is now a Wetzel Pretzel. I mean, come ooooon. It is sooo not the same.

4. SWIRL! Our most favorite frozen yogurt place. I've heard that there are comparable places in FL. We'll see.

5. I miss my coworkers. I also miss my patients, mostly long term patients that I've known since I started working there. It was so hard saying goodbye to some of them. I received the most overwhelming compliments in those last few days.

6. Something I am obviously forgetting-  

DON'T MISS
1. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, especially traffic at 2:00pm for absolutely no reason!

2. traffic

3. Some other coworkers, :) not naming names here

4. Gabe doesn't miss the act of going to school and being a student. Yeah for my husband!

5. HEAT! It's so pleasant here in Des Moines.


Gabe will be performing in a Cabaret performance In Des Moines at 7:30 tonight. I will try and get a video that isn't pasted with the sun, oh and upright as well. That would be good.



1 comment:

Ashly said...

I love your blog Kwistina! This is so much fun! I read it just after NiNi. :0)

Thinking of you as I sit in traffic dripping with sweat! :0) Ha!

Miss you!!!