5.25.2010

The adventure


( A picture we took last year in Des Moines)

Ok, so just to update everyone. Gabe and I are leaving Houston on Thursday, like two days from now. Yep. Chaos is our new last name. From dentist appointments that make you want to punch a wall, to quiting a really good job, to a graduation, everything has been pretty overwhelming.

Our journey awaits us. First we are off to Des Moines, Iowa for about 7 weeks. Gabe is performing with the Des Moines Metro Opera, which happens to exist in a little town called Indianola, just outside Des Moines. We made the decision that I would not work, due to the short amount of time we would be there, and heck I guess a girl deserves a break once in awhile. Not sure exactly what I will do, but I am bringing my sewing machine, craft books, a lot of fiction, and this computer. Maybe I'll become a daily blogger. What do you think?

Then we are headed back to Houston to see a few friends again and pick up our stuff from our storage unit. Then, we make the long journey to Florida. How wonderful it will be to be home for longer than a weekend. We are so excited to spend some quality time with our family.

We will be leaving for a short period of time to see our besties get married in Madison, Wisconsin, but we'll be back to florida for several weeks. Just a few weeks later my cousin Dan is getting married to his long time girlfriend Lauren. It worked out perfeclty to be in Florida for the happy day.

In September we leave to go to Louisville, Kentucky where Gabe will be performing with Kentucky Opera. We'll be there for three months. I do plan to work there, hopefully with a travel nurse job, something short term. We are both excited about Kentucky. We've never been there and we hear that it's breathtaking in the fall when the leaves are changing.

 I originally thought I would stay in Houston while Gabe worked and traveled. The more I thought and prayed about what we should do, the more I couldn't stand to be away from him. Everytime he hugs me and lays his head in my neck I know we are making the right decision. I feel free. So, wish us luck on our adventure. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

5 comments:

r said...

Sounds like this summer will be a great adventure :) Good luck with your long drives! I'll miss seeing you at the GNOs!

Nama said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It sounds like it'll be such a fun adventure, and you will surely love it. And with all that time, seriously, become a daily blogger. I'll be here to read!

Kim said...

Wow, Christina! That is an adventure! And it sounds exciting! I kind of love this time in our lives when everything is so transitional...it just makes everyday and the future seem so alluring with the "what's next!?" factor! But u guys have got a lot planned! Congratulations on that bc I know a lot of thoughts and prayers went into ur decisions:)and comgrats to Gabe on graduation!

Linda and Cathy said...

We of course could not be happier to have you returning to FL. Be safe in your travels, have fun, and we'll be waiting here for you. Love you both tons, Mom

LyleandClaudia said...

Take Care you guys! It sounds awesome! I hope I get to sing another duo or trio with you guys (w/o being 7 months prego) :) I wish you guys the best!