8.02.2011

honey

I was watching a rerun of Oprah a few weeks ago. I hadn’t seen it previously. Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks were promoting their new movie. Oprah played several clips from previous shows they had been featured on and I was struck by one in particular. Julia Roberts was speaking to Oprah about becoming a mother to her twins and she mentioned that her husband was the most amazing father. “Watching him as a father has been one of the great thrills of my life,” she said.


At that moment I felt tears well up in my eyes. I have always felt that precise thing, but in anticipation. I look forward to seeing Gabe become a father, I feel like it will be one of the greatest thrills of my life. I know he will be so amazing on so many levels.

People often ask us when we will have children and are maybe a little surprised when we mention that we have been married for 5 years, without any little ones. Here is the simple answer- We live like gypsies without a place of our own. We live out of boxes and suitcases without any real stability. We have felt through prayer that dream will be realized for us in the next few years. You’ll just have to wait and see. :)


Dearest Husband,
                I love you and I dream about the day we will have a baby and I will watch you become a Daddy. I am so grateful for you in my life. You are an amazing companion and I often feel like I would be lost without you. I am so blessed that you are a worthy priesthood holder and that you have made so many right decisions along your life’s journey. Every decision has led you to this life we have with travels and friends and music. You are so talented and I am proud of you for providing for our family with your voice. We are so lucky. Thank you for being mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaww you got me all choked up with this one! I feel in my deepest of heart that you will both become the most amazing parents. I just one day hope and pray we can be pregers together like out mothers. Love you!