7.16.2011

fun

It is all over and I am sad. Going in I had equal parts elation and disappointment that it was all over. The movie was great. So glad I got to see it with someone who loves it as much as me.
******************************************************************

Today we woke up on the sixth anniversary of our engagement. Gabe had been home from his mission only a few weeks. I had recently passed my nursing boards, and was working as a new nurse. I was thrilled he was home. We spoke about getting married and prayed and the peace always came. On our very first date January 8, 2000 we went to the Olive Garden and five and half years later he took me back there. After dinner was over he blindfolded me and drove me to a friend's home directly across the street from the Orlando temple. He brought me in to the house sat me down and serenaded me on the piano, then got on his knee and asked if I would be his. It was magical with the backdrop of the illuminous temple.

Would you believe I do not have a single picture? Not one. That was before I had a digital camera or camera phone. We were a little preoccupied anyway.

I am leaving Utah tomorrow so we tried to have a fun day in between shows. We ate at a local joint called Angie's. They are famous for their "kitchen sink." So, we just had to get one. Twist our arms.


When we finished it (with another friend) we got a bumper sticker. Really it was Gabe's prize.

He had a performance tonight and he boasted about his new bumper sticker.
He texted me earlier to say that everyone wanted his picture with it.

I told him I was proud.


No comments: