6.13.2011

weekend

Hi friends and family! Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Here are a few pics from ours!

For dinner on Friday night I tried a new recipe that ended up being a big hit, even though some people were not as excited as I was when I explained what we were having.

We had grilled chicken with the salad, but it can be eaten as a vegetarian main dish. Yummy!

Gabe usually has evening rehearsals so he left that night after dinner. He called me on the way home to tell me he spotted a huge rainbow. Huge was right, I was able to capture it in our backyard too.

Photobucket
I loved Gabe's point of view with the rainbow behind the Logan temple.

The next day Gabe was at it again, singing his heart out. I visited him a little bit then went to the rec center. They have a nice gym there and it is super convenient, since it's a block from the opera offices. Here are some pretty flowers I found on the walk there.

With all the cooking I've been doing I was feeling pretty brave and decided I would make my first ever meatloaf that night. I did my research and kind of came up with my own little concoction based on two recipes. Did you know that it is actually better to cook meatloaf on a baking dish instead of a loaf pan? In fact all the recipes I looked at on line suggested that it would cook better that way.

I mainly looked at this recipe on our best bites but I didn't wrap the loaf in bacon. The glaze was awesome, though. I don't eat a lof of red meat, case i  point why I've never made meat loaf so I basically said a prayer every 15 seconds.
Photobucket

...but it was not so gross. I even ate it which is HUGE!!! So, basically you should try it if you like meatloaf. :)

Does that look appetizing? Even now I'm not sure...

Two new recipes in two days. Basically my husband almost passed out. Then he woke up from dream land and gave me lots of kisses.

On Sunday we traveled to Ogden. Gabe was invited to sing in a ward there. On the way back home we drove through Brigham City and saw the construction of a new temple.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

More magnificent mountains.

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Gretchen J'Deene said...

Way to go Christina! Wish I was there baking with you!

Nicole Lambert said...

Man seeing your pictures in my old stomping grounds makes me jealous!! Looks like you are having a great time! Love reading about your adventures! Enjoy Utah!!! And venture up to Bear Lake and get a raspberry shake!!! You will LOVE IT!!