6.10.2011

something new

After my trip to Purl Soho in NY I became inspired. When I went to a thirft store here and found two knitting needles for 30 cents, I knew it was meant to be. Conincidentally, I found out that the blog Craft Snob was featuring a knitting 101 series with videos and I have been practicing.



This was my first try at a knit stitch and then the whole thing fell apart. It's tricky to coordinate the needles, but I am doing much better than I was a week ago. I wasn't able to bring my sewing machine to Utah since we flew, so this might be the next best thing. I can work on this while watching TV or waiting for Gabe during a rehearsal. I finished this much last night when I gave it another go...


Our host, Ron, and his daughters gave me a whole box of knitting needles and crochet hooks after they found out I was learning. It was so gracious of them.


Keep your knitting needles crossed for me friends. We'll see what happens.

No comments: