2.01.2011

Visits

On my Mom's birthday, she and Linda flew here to spend some time with us and see Gabe's performance of Little Women. We were excited they were coming. We picked them up in Panama City. About five miles away from the airport guess what happened...


Not just a flat tire, but...

Photobucket

Have you ever been on top of a very long bridge only to realize that you hear a pop and your car starts swaying side to side? No? Oh, well good.

Moving on with our day, we picked them up and drove to Destin to see my Uncle Rick and Sherry for lunch. It was beautiful right on the water and we feel so blessed to be so close.

That night we went to a restaurant called Jaco's on the Bay for my Mom's birthday. It was delish!

Photobucket

Then she opened some presents..

Photobucket
We gave her a frame with a picture from Christmas, and I added some rosettes. Ribbon necklace with beads and another rosette. I used a technique where you burn the edges of a silky fabric. They turned out really pretty.

The next day we visited the beach and Fort Pickens, an old fort that still stands right at the tip of Pensacola Beach. It was sooo windy, but I felt like I could have taken pictures there all day!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
How could he resist?

Thanks Mom and Linda for a great visit! Happy Birthday Mom!!

2 comments:

Chrinny said...

How did you make that necklace? It looks great!

Karley said...

I think I would've had a panic attack if I blew a tire on a bridge. Oh my! Cute necklace and frame though!