1.31.2011

something new

Tumblr_leypgc1psa1qg859oo1_400_large


Hi friends! I wanted to try something new. Not a resolution, because I don't really think those work, more like a goal. OK? I am starting small but, then will hopefully make this a regular event for our little family and this here blog.

So, here it is...

Every other week, I will be trying a brand new recipe!

Then, I'll tell you all about it. I want to be better about cooking and boost my confidence in this avenue. I was looking at my sidebar and my "labels" for each blog post and I have ONE recipe listed. One. This made me laugh. So, here we go...

Two weeks ago I found a recipe online at Pioneer Woman Cooks for Chicken Tortilla Soup.

You can find it here.

It was sooooooooo good! I didn't take a a single picture, because I hadn't anticipated blogging about it, and she takes way better pictures than me anyway, so head on over there.

It took me a long while to make it, but it was worth it. I have a hint, just before it's done you may need to add more salt and chili pepper, to make sure it isn't bland. Then, add lots of toppings. It was so great with avocado, sour cream, cheese and salsa!

Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

r said...

I bookmarked that recipe as well :) Can't go wrong with PW. I'm excited to see what you make!