2.13.2011

love

Photobucket
(Seaside, FL)

Many years ago Gabe, who was my teenage boyfriend at the time, and I were taking a drive in Apopka, his hometown. We were headed to a family get together of some sort. I remember driving through the hilly landscape staring at the sky. It was close to dusk and the sky was magical. Shades of pink, purple, grey, white, orange and so forth. While I stared at the sky, my boyfriend, the driver, also stared at the sky and exclaimed
"The sky is so gorgeous."
So, then I stared at my boyfriend, because in that instant he became much more beautiful than the sky. I thought about how special he was and how I felt lucky to be with someone who found beauty in the world at such a young age.

I can remember many moments just like that...moments when I fell in love.

 

Photobucket


2 comments:

Ashly said...

Happy Valentine's Day you two lovebirds!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Happy Valentines Day to you both as well! I love that little story :0)You got a good one for sure.

Also: Are you pumped for Survivor wednesday???