9.14.2010

What love means

Today, I went to the post office and then to Borders. A new favorite thing. I am going to borrow Mockingjay from a new friend, but she isn't quite done reading it. So, in order to decrease some of the anticipation I read a chapter here or there if I go.

But, I knew I had to be back by 4...you know...for Oprah.

It's her final season people, I don't know if you love her or dislike her, but I have watched for basically my entire life. I've been more faithful at times, than others of course.

So, I am home by 3:45 and decide to read some blogs and catch up with bloggy friends and read this post by cjane. I was totally captivated by her friend's story. So, then I read her blog and was in awe. She is so witty and charming and faithful. Next thing I knew it was 4:34!! What!!!!

I missed 34 minutes of the second episode of the last season of Oprah! The Judd's were on!

It was okay though, the blog was worth it.

Did anyone else love the Judds? Then Wynonna, when she went solo?

My sister and I use to sing Love can build a bridge and No one else on earth into remote controls as kids.

Anyone else?




No.





Ok.

So, needless to say I loved watching it. The dynamic between the two of them is quite unique. Then wanna know what happened?

They sang Love can build a bridge.

I cried. I also cried watching the premiere yesterday, so now I have cried twice watching the first two shows of Oprah's last season. My, my, my. Gabe was here when it happened. I felt bad for him.

Here is a piece for you...

I'd gladly walk across the desert

With no shoes upon my feet


To share with you the last bite


Of bread I had to eat


I would swim out to save you


In your sea of broken dreams


When all your hopes are sinkin'


Let me show you what love means

3 comments:

Ashly said...

So, I had the DVR all ready to record Oprah yesterday, her first show of her last season... and the stupid tennis tournament was on and it went over right into Oprah. I was so mad. So I missed the first of the last episodes. I'm sure I can find it online somewhere, but it was the fact that I had remembered to record it. I was so proud of myself too! Gurr. :0)

Mrs. Blimes said...

I remember listening to my middle school BFF and her sweet mama sing that song all the time in the car on the way to school. Its a really good one. I LOVE Oprah too!

Ruth said...

It's ok I missed the Judd episode to. It reruns late at night(chech for listings) Thank you for spending the day with me on my blog. I am in awe by all the kindest.
ruth