9.16.2010

Louisville Zoo

Last year, we bought a membership to the Houston zoo, and we loved it. We tried to go whenever the weather was nice, hit up our favorite spots and then leave. I loved the giraffes, Gabe loved the red panda. Little did we know, less than a year later we would be traveling to different parts of the country. When we left Houston, I had an "aw shucks" moment when I realized our membership hadn't expired. Oh well. That is until we remembered a little clause in the memberships. They accept it at different zoos around the country. So, we went to the Des Moines Zoo for free. Then, we got in free here too. Yah! The Louisville zoo was huge. It was also 95 degrees. What is up? Seriously?

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the day.




These guys gave us a good laugh. Especially since the meerkats in Houston seem to be on a daily regimen of amphetamines.

Then we entered "The Gorilla Forest"
and saw this guy...

He was right next to the window. So, I tried to take as many pics as fast as I could before he moved, but we didn't seem to bother him at all.

 
It was so cool to see him watch us and make eye contact.



Then we stumbled on a tiger with his keeper

Note to self. Only go to zoo when temperature blow 75 degrees. Thanks.

2 comments:

Nama said...

I LOVE that gorilla!

r said...

Meerkats are one of our favorites!! We love the zoo! You got some great pictures. And I agree: 95 is waaaaay too hot for walking around!