9.05.2010

The Biltmore Estate

While staying in Tennessee, we decided to hop on over to North Carolina to see the Biltmore in Asheville. What a great idea. It was breathtaking. I took so many pictures, I was actually dreading having to pick through them for this post. There were just too many beautiful moments. It was hard to let some of them go unnoticed.

Let me just say...It was BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

Definitely worth the trip if you are ever close by.


You aren't allowed to take pictures inside, otherwise I would have had 500 to choose from. The tour takes you through over 25 rooms, though the estate has over 250. I still can't believe we only saw one tenth of the home. We walked for just about two hours. You don't want to miss any details. The artwork and craftmanship is awe-inspiring.

The rest of the property is over 8,000 acres of forest, farms, gardens, vineyards with a winery and a hotel. It would take days and days to see most of the public attractions. It was overwhelming.

If you are interested in the histrory, this is a great resource.










2 comments:

Kelsy and Brad said...

Biltmore is about 4 hours from my parent's house and I've always wanted to go...but it's expensive!! But, I think you've convinced me that I NEED to go, I'll plan a trip down to NC while I'm in VA for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! We went to the Biltmore a few years ago at the end of August, and it was so beautiful. The only problem was that I didn't realize we couldn't take picture inside until I got one of the Solarium, and then a few "guards' came by and politely informed me I had to put my camera away. I really want to go during Christmas, I heard it is gorgeous!