7.01.2010

Road Trip





Gabe and I went on a road trip Monday. We woke up at 4am and drove a total of 11 hours = longest day ever! Gabe had an audtition in Chicago for the lyric opera. Big time opera company! We literally were in Chicago for about an hour then had to head back to Des Moines so he could be at a dress rehearsal that night. We had no time for anything. I was sad because we have family who live in the suburbs and I have a good friend who lives downtown. Hopefully we will make it there again. Brought back a lot of memories of my trips there when I was younger, lakeshore drive, skyscrapers, navy pier, the list goes on. Here are some of the pics I took while Gabe was in the audition. It was piping hot, and my hair was blowing all over the place.




Here are some more we took while making our way into and out of town. So pretty!

Lakeshsore Drive




Lake Michigan

Part of the skyline





Driving on lakeshore dr

We got back to Iowa just in time for his rehearsal. I watched Act I, then headed back to our room, only to find that the passenger front tire of our car had a nail in it and the tire looked about dead. Really? Did that have to happen? Of course. We didn't go to bed until after 11pm. Like I said longest day ever.

No comments: