6.09.2010

The projects have begun

Gretchen turn your eyes away :)
My sister in law Gretchen had a baby last week, a day shy of her own birthday. His name is Owen Jacob. How cute right? I should have made this stuff months ago, but knew I would have ton of time here in Iowa. So, I tried some more onesies and a couple burp cloths. I think they turned out pretty cute. They are in the mail now, so hopefully she doesn't peek ;)

I thought of the first onesie as I was looking through my stash of fabric. A green checkered fabric reminded me of a snake, so I thought I might try it. I added some embellished detail to the face and the snake goes over the shoulder and twirls in the back. It was a bear to do on the sewing machine but it probably would have taken three times longer to do it by hand.




The finished product.



Turned out pretty cute, I think. I can't wait to meet little Owen once we make it back to Florida. He was  9 pounds, 6 ounces and Gretchen had a natural delivery. Holla! So amazing! I know you are giving her a standing ovation right now.

3 comments:

r said...

Huge round of applause to you both! Geez! Great job to you on the onesies and to Gretchen on the birthing (WOW.).

Brett M said...

SO cute! I LOVE the snake. What a great idea. And how fun that you have some time to work on that stuff right now.

Ashly said...

OMGoodness!!!! SO wonderful! I never would have thought of a snake... you're sneaky!