6.23.2010

Healthy Marriage


Gabe-isms

1. A couple days ago we were both huddled around the computer (primary source of entertainment) and Gabe was exiting out of the internet screen. Our program asks again to make sure you are really done looking at the screen before it exits and Gabe was just staring at it. I sat there for a few seconds and finally said, "what are you doing? It's asking a simple question." To which he replied "Oh, sorry I was finishing up a song in my head."

2. He woke up a few nights ago, rolled over and said "Boobsicle" I laughed out loud at 2am. Boobsicle. Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

(I hope he doesn't make me shut down this whole operation)

3. That same night I actually heard him singing in his sleep. Singing. It was unrecognizable, but defintely some type of song.

4. Hi honey, what did you have for lunch today? (They give them meals here) Oh I ate a salad, so that was healthy, then I had a bacon cheeseburger, pizza, pasta, broccoli and cheese, chicken sandwich, tater tots, carrots, and a root beer float.

Oh, okay, glad you started out healthy.

Just to be fair, I let him embarass me too

Christina-isms

1. I came home and told Christina that I needed to take my shirt off for a scene, to which she quickly replied, "Oh, you better do some push ups."

2. I come home with a diet coke as a generous gesture for my "diet coke obsessed" wife and instead of thanking me she quickly asked what's the "diet coke to ice" ratio, how long had the ice been melting, is it from a fountain.

3. (Night routine for Christina)
    10:00pm "snuggle me"
    11:00 "snuggle me"
    12:00 "GABE, SNUGGLE ME"
    1:00am "snuggle me uuuuhhhhhhh..."
    2:00 "uuhhhhhh thunder,..... snuggle me"
    3:00 "I dropped my pillow on the floor, uuuhhhh snuggle me"
    5:00 "you're singing in your sleep again, snuggle me"
    8:00 "how come you never snuggle me?"

4. A typical conversation with my wife...
  (G)  "Can you hand me the pickles? (silence for 5 seconds)
           Christina, can you hand me the pickles? (10 seconds)
           Hey honey can you hand me the pickles? (20 seconds)
           CHRISTINA!"
   (C) "WHAT! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?"
   (G) "I asked you for the pickles, THREE TIMES"
   (C) "Oh, well you could have just gotten them yourself"


   Man, we laughed so hard over this post. As many of you know we have been together a long time and love each other very much, but it is really fun to point out the silly sometimes.

I think this might be a reoccuring post you will see from time to time. Gabe already had 15 more in his head.

5 comments:

Ashly said...

Both the Gabisms and Christinaisms made me laugh out loud... :0) Miss you.

Kim said...

bahahaha! love it! and I love the whole "snuggle me!....why don't you ever snuggle me!?" I do the same thing with Stace...hahaha! Too funny!

Linda and Cathy said...

Gteat post! I am still LOL.

r said...

Hilarious!! Definitely a healthy marriage, if you can love each other despite (or because of)the -isms :D

Mrs. Blimes said...

Seriously lol over here!!! Boobsicle!!!! Yall sound alot like us, except Drews the one cryin for the snuggles! HAHAHAHAHAHHA