6.27.2010

Courtyard Hounds

We are up and I am already dreaming about bedtime. Tonight we are going to bed super early due to a early wake up time the next day. We are making a day trip for an audition for Gabe. So, hope all goes well. I'll give you more details later.


I'm kind of obsessed with "The Courtyard Hounds" right now. Martie and Emily from the "Dixie Chicks" have formed a new band sans Natalie and their new album is amazing. Once you get used to the new sounds, you will fall in love, promise.



I love when they talk about the connection they have as sisters and how it's so easy to make music together.

My favorite song is the first track called, Skyline

 

What am i doin' here 
In such a lonely place?
Birds fly below
I'm high up in my cage

Wide awake again
Or am i dreamin'?
Trains passing by
World's spinning 'round my head

Then i heard a sweet voice cry
Telling me yeah it's gonna be alright

I just look at the skyline
A million lights are lookin' back at me
And when they shine
I see a place i know i'll find some peace


I obviously relate to being somewhere different but at the same time the song is upbeat and a good reminder that we are exactly where we are supposed to be...and everything will be alright.

Happy Sunday!

I LOVE the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore I will call upon him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2

No comments: