5.30.2010

Death by Aria

Last night Gabe and the other 39 appretice singers put on a concert called Death by Aria. Each singer sang a song that they liked, or best showed their talent. It was long, nearly 3.5 hours, but it really was amazing. One of the directors of the program got up to speak and mentioned that over 1,000 applications were received for the program, with 800 auditions and 40 singers were chosen. Forty. Needless to say everyone was impressive.

I happened to be sitting in the wrong spot at precisely the wrong time, so the sun was setting right in front of me. I tried to get a video of Gabe singing, but I basically had my head down the whole time. Even worse, I can't figure out how to change the orientation of the video. Sorry, I'm definitely no videographer. But, he sounds amazing, so just think of it as more of an audio clip. OK? Thanks. After he sings few words, a lady sitting in front of me said "WOW." That's always sweet.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I couldn't see Gabe but what I could hear was INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

r said...

I'm going to echo the lady in front of you: WOW. What a voice!

Ashly said...

Yippy, I'm glad you're a daily blogger now! Enjoy Iowa!