9.20.2009

Sewing again

Babies, babies and more babies. It seems that we know a lot of pregnant ladies. Most of them expecting boys, by the way. I love making the burp cloths (first attempt here). They are so simple and are so cute. But, I wanted to try something new. I got the idea from Etsy. Just take a simple shirt or onesie and embelish with an applique. It was an easy thought, but did take some experimentation.


First I added Heat 'n Bond to the wrong side of the fabric and cut out any shape, in this case I used a tie. Then, just iron on the tie to the onesie and sew around the edges. I thought I would have to do that by hand at first, but I was able to do it with the machine with some trickery.




Finished product

Cute, right?


If they weren't all over Etsy, I would think of selling them. By the way, I am obsessed with Etsy now. If you are not familiar with it I suggest you browse sometime. It provides a way for people to sell handmade or vintage items online if they don't have the time or money to sell them in a store. Brilliant.



7 comments:

Gretchen J'Deene said...

I love, love your onesies and burpers!! I am so proud of you and I love your fabrics...where did you find them??? They are perfect! Way to go!!

Melinda and Ian said...

You know what is so funny...I just made a bunch of the same things. My brother and his wife just had a baby boy last week and I made them a bunch of onesies and burp cloths...I was just getting ready to post something about it! Yours are very cute!!!

Kathy said...

Those are just soooo adorable - I love them!!! Great job, Nini :)

mattandlesliecogbill.blogspot.com said...

You may need to make one more of those! They are too cute! I wanted to let you know that I am pregnant! I am about 18 weeks along and due March 19. We find out what we are having in 2 weeks which we are very excited about. Soon I can finally justify shopping. How have you been? hope you guys are doing well. Will we be seeing you guys for Thanksgiving? Take care!

Linda and Cathy said...

Nini,

I am so proud of you. They look adorable!! xxoox Mom

Eric and Hayley said...

These are so creative! What a brilliant idea, I just love the onsies. So what's the solution for a girl though - ties aren't the most feminine :) ?

Unknown said...

So cute! I love this idea and I want to steal it. You're so creative and talented!