1.21.2009

My First Sewing Project!

For Christmas my mom bought me a sewing machine and I have been busy learning how to use it. I bought this great book that has guided me through the beginning steps so I think I'm supposed to graduate on to a more difficult project (eek, I'm nervous). I started out with something very easy at first, burp cloths (actually cloth diapers, just spruced up with some cute fabric.) I made them for a girl at work who is expecting a baby boy in March. I hope she likes them. Here are pics of my work :)





3 comments:

Gretchen J'Deene said...

Great job on the sewing projects!!! How do you like the sewing machine? Wish you lived closer! Aiden says hi Aunt Christina and Uncle Gabe! Love you guys!

Desy said...

That's actually a really creative idea. I am actually in the process of looking for a sewing machine myself cause I want to make some drapes for my apartment... that's a nail biter since I've never really sewed before...lol... but your work looks great, so that gives me hope :-)

Eric and Hayley said...

I am absolutely clueless about how to sew. I can't even do a button. I'm all about the staples and safety pins. So did you know how to sew first? Or did you learn straight from reading the book and using the machine? What a fun gift!