4.25.2009

26 going on 19


Last week we celebrated my 26th birthday. It's a strange age, I feel like I'm actually in my "late 20's" now. I had to work all day, but we had a great time at dinner that night with our friends Jack and Amanda. We went to my favorite restaurant in Houston called Shade then to our favorite yogurt place called Swirl. This was the only picture we took (kind of blurry) but we had a great time. Work has been going great. I'm learning lots of new things. Speaking of turning 26, I constantly hear "you're a nurse, you look like you're 19." I say "well thank you I guess" or "I'm older than I look." Catch is, nursing is one of those professions where age and experience are key. I get a lot of strange looks. Some of the nurses that have been training me will say "this is Christina, she's new to our clinic, but she is not a new nurse." I hope I don't scare anyone when I walk in the room :)

1 comment:

Shells said...

LOL, I get those same comments at work probably every day :)Sometimes I want to say "if you're old enough to have a baby, I'm definitely old enough to be your nurse". It seems like all the patients my age are on their third or fourth child. I'm glad I look young though, hopefully that will stay with me as I age. Good luck at your new job!