1.01.2013

Happy twenty thirteen

As a new year begins and we try to benefit from a proper view of what has gone before, I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives.
-Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love this quote! Thank you so much for sharing it. I have loved reading your posts and I' glad your computer is working again! Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and spirit on the ol' internets! I am so sorry for the pain and loss you and your family have had to endure this year. I have never lost someone so close to me, and it is so heart wrenching to imagine. Your posts to and about Linny have been so touching. You have a gift with words (and the camera). Thank you for being such a sweet light and example to everyone who is blessed to know you. *hugs* :)