1.02.2012

Festive (part I)

I'm a little behind on blogging. It's been a bit crazy around here. I feel like I work all the time and when I'm not I want to spend as much time with Gabe as possible and blogging ends up getting put to the wayside. Here are a few Christmas related activities we took part in before the holidays :)

The Macys downtown is 12 stories. 12. Not all of them are retail but the shear magnitude is impressive. The top floor even has a cafeteria style eating area and also a really nice restaurant called The Oak Room. We soon found out that there was an amazing Christmas display on the 8th floor. It's called Santaland and walks you through a day in the life of an elf. It was awesome! We were in shock the first time we went through. We went several times since it was free and this last time when I got all the pics it was Christmas Eve.
How fitting.











Then at the end you can wait in a cue line to see Santa. Fun, right? I wish now I would have gotten some video, since most of the elves moved. It was darling. A very special surprise at the top of Macys. If you're ever in Minneapolis over the holidays, we highly recommend!

1 comment:

Brett M said...

How cute! And what in the world do they fill up that much space with at Macy's???

PS> We didn't have a white Christmas either. As much as I'm not a big fan of snow, I was pretty disappointed. But at least our kids got to ride their new scooters outside, so I guess that was good?