11.08.2011

skyway

Last week Gabe and I went on a date night to the movies. It was the first time going since we moved here and we decided to try taking the skyway there. The Minneapolis skyway is over 5 miles long and connects 52 city blocks. It is crucial during the winter months (more crucial now for the FL kids) and we are connected to practically everything. It's not always the quickest route but it's defintely the warmest. We went to the movies and came back home and didn't walk outside once. Thank the heavens for this skyway connected apartment. Gabe calls the skyway our house, just a connection of where we sleep. It is filled with shops, restaurants, salons, etc. The catch...only open late on the weeknights with limited places open on the weekends. Definitely catering more towards individuals that work in the city. I made a little map so you could see where we go most and how far it is from where we live.


Basic Map via

The heart shape covers my fav place, Target. Nicollet Mall, the long red line is literally like an outdoor/partially covered mall, it's in the opening credits of the Mary Tyler Moore show.
Star = movies, Basketball = Target Center. After I finished editing this map I realized it's totally outdated. The skyway goes much further now. They are even building another one on the building next to ours which will give us a shortcut to certain places. Pretty neat, huh?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have never heard of the skyway, but it sounds amazing! And actually quite necessary! I have wondered how people get any errands done in frigid temps...I couldn't do it! Not without the skyway, that is! Glad you guys are enjoying your new locale, and that you get to work with the babies again-- I am pretty positive you are just the best nurse eva:)