10.26.2011

little bitty shirt

Recently I was admiring a cute sewing craft on pinterest.



Source: None via Christina on Pinterest


The pin came from a google image search and when I tried to find a tutorial or source online I had no luck. The more I stared at it the more confident I became that I could make it. I loooooooove ribbon so I have quite a few spools to choose from and knew that I had enough variety to pull it off.

Here are the supplies I used...
Basic Cherokee t-shirt from Target (I used 18 mos.)
Brown minky fabric, small scrap piece
Various colors and sizes of ribbon
Heat 'n Bond
Thread
Scissors
Disappearing fabric ink pen
Sequins and small beads
Template for turkey body (I made mine using MS word, overlapped two circles)




(Next-sorry didn't get a picture. I sewed tiny beads on top of a sequin for the eyes and beak. I tried to hand sew and even used the sewing machine initially, but nothing looked right. When all else fails find sequin.)




I sent it off to little V, my cousins baby. Not as perfect as the original but I was still pretty happy with how it turned out!
**********************************************************

Here is an updated picture of little V in the turkey shirt...
She's so cute!!



Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVED IT!!! I will definitely get a picture of V wearing it for you to share. Love you! - Kass, Jason and Baby V

Mandy said...

That is seriously VERY cute. I could never do something like that (well, not without turning the air blue and throwing a tantrum) Very cute!

Gretchen J'Deene said...

Way to go Christina!! You are an expert now!! Love you!

r said...

Super cute!! I might have to try that :)