9.12.2011

A sports town

The first week we were here our hosts, the Wilson's, took us to our first ever Minnesota Twins game. We all devoured the stadium food. Sooooo yummy. The Twins lost unfortunately but it was still a blast. Target Field was amazing! It's practically brand new. I forgot my camera so the phone pics will have to do. We hope we get a chance to go again before it gets too cold.


He was just a little bit excited!



Then when I went to Orlando Gabe scored a great deal on pre-season Minnesota Vikings tickets. He was on the third row and payed $17!! He was PUMPED!!! The best part, they played the Houston Texans! Gabe became a huge fan when we lived there. He even wore his Texan's jersey and he said the six other Texans fans there came up to him and talked like they were buddies. He was able to see Christian Ponder (former FSU QB) play three quarters of the game, but Matt Shaub didn't play for the Texans so he was kind of bummed about that. Overrall you could call that one heck of a week for Gabe. Two pro athlete games in his first week in Minnesota!
Pics from inside the Metrodome. He walked there from our apt. (Fireworks for every TD!)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

So I totally don't know you. I guess I'm friends of friends lol. But I do stalk your blog and I have to comment b/c my very best friend in the entire world lives in Minnesota- about 80 miles from Minneapolis- so I've been there lots of times. She and I went to our first Twins game last month and LOVED it. In fact, you can see where *we* were sitting from one of your pictures!

I got to MEET the Vikings when I was up there b/c they had their training camp a half hour from where my BFF lives and we ran into the whole team while they were out celebrating one night (Your hubby got to watch Ponder play, I got go hug him- and Donovan McNabb too!)

Anywho- Minnesota is awesome. I'm totally gonna move there someday soon. And I am excited to stalk your blog and live vicariously until I'm there on a permanent basis. :)