8.27.2011

Road Trip

Photobucket
We drove over 1500 miles in two days. We were tired, our car was tired. Towing anything is a complete pain let alone across many states. We were so blessed not to have any car trouble or any major hiccups. We had perfect weather the first day. The whole day would have been completely perfect except for the fact that Gabe got pulled over two hours into the trip around Gainesville, flashing lights and all. We were both so confused. We were going 60mph . After the cop made Gabe get out of the car and stand in the grass where he proceeded to get multiple fire ant bites the cop said "Just wanted to check on ya. You know it's hard driving a tow dolly." Basically it was a huge waste of time. But we were grateful for yet another reminder to be careful.


Photobucket


Photobucket
Driving through Wisconsin was beautiful. We went around Chicago to avoid a storm so we got to see some more rural areas of Illinois and beautful farms in WI just before the state line.


Photobucket


Photobucket
Driving into the Twin Cities. You betcha!

1 comment:

Karley said...

I'm glad to see you had a safe trip! Your getting pulled over reminded me of a similar experience we had last summer. I was following Evan (who was driving a U-Haul at 65mph in the slow lane) on I-75 in my car when I see lights in my rear view mirror so I pull over. Apparently my window tint "looked a little dark" Seriously!?! I'm glad you were gracious and took it as a reminder to be safe ;)