7.27.2011

Lately

Wisdom teeth extraction...check
Feel like getting hit by a truck...check

I feel so lousy. I made the quick decision to get a consultation with an oral surgeon and scheduled my surgery within two days. It had to be done. I've been putting it off waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, but the feelings of remorse exist still. It hurts to talk, but I can type. Hopefully I'll feel better in a couple days. Wish my hubby was here, but if I waited that long we would have been too close to our move to Minnesota. I wanted to be completely healed. Mom and Linny are taking good care of me, though.

Aside from that, I just wanted to share some news with you all. Gabe competed in a singing competition in Utah yesterday and won!!!! He gets a paid trip to Italy to sing at the international level now! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of him!!! We don't have all the details but as soon as we know more I'll let you know.

Group shot of The Merry Widow cast (minus a few). Pic from one of Gabe's friends. Can you see Gabe? Ten points to gryffindor if you find him. That might be the drugs talking.


Stay tuned for more blog updates from Utah and my cousins wedding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of Gabe!! On the other hand hope you are feeling better soon. I remember getting mine out in 11th grade. Its no fun :( If you need Virginia can come share her sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli and applesauce with you for your sore mouth. Or just some fun frozen yogurt..lol! Love you! -Kathleen

Gretchen J'Deene said...

So sorry about your wisdom teeth...no fun! Wish we were there to help take care of you! We are so excited and happy for Gabe!! Whooohooo!! I hope you get to go with him!! Love you!

r said...

Wisdom teeth extraction: Not exciting. Hope you feel better soon!

Italy: VERY exciting!! Congrats to Gabe.