6.21.2011

good reads

Bossypants, Tina Fey, Hardcover

Absoluttely hysterical!!!!!!!!!! The chapters about growing up and about her Dad are priceless!

Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen, Paperback

I have to be honest I liked the movie better, perhaps because that was my first experience with this story. It really is magical! The book is much more "adult" than the movie, which surprised me, I would have thought it would be the other way around. Other than that, I loved it.  

The Help, Kathryn Stockett, Paperback
Go and by this book right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't even finished it yet and I already love it so much. The movie comes out in August, so you still have time.

Atonement, Ian McEwan, Paperback
I just finished this book a few days ago. I had mixed feelings after I read it but, I'm still thinking about it, so I believe it was worth it.  The main draw for me were beautifully written passages about being a nurse in a WWII hospital. You see one of the characters go from being a terrified student to a very brave nurse that could not imagine a life without such "elation" from helping people. I will say from personal experience there is nothing like it.


Do you have any good book recommendations?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Though I have not read very different books, I am currently reading Little Women, and loving it. I usually read it once or twice a year because I love it so much.