6.05.2011

canyon hike

A couple days ago we headed out on our first ever hike. We headed up green canyon again since it's close by. We took the trails into the canyon and found a cave. Climbing up to it felt like a huge victory!

Photobucket
Then, we decided it might be fun to go up even further. I really had no fear and just kept climbing. I got up on top of the cave.


Photobucket
(my view)
 It was steep, with slick rock and lots of pebbles. So after I made Gabe a little panicked I headed back down which turned out to be a bit more scary than climbing up.

I felt awesome after we got down. Gabe had a battle wound so he was not as excited. We went up further in the canyon and found some beautiful mountain bike trails and camping sites.


Photobucket



All these pictures were taken on our phones. I was a bit nervous to bring the camera not knowing what to expect, but I know for sure I'll have to go back at least to capture the sunset. It was brilliant as we were walking back. It is so beautiful here. I was so grateful for the journey we have been on this year. We left Houston last year about this time. Even though it's crazy and we live out of our suitcases, walks like this up a mountainside help me realize how much there is yet to explore.
I know God has a great path for us lying ahead.

1 comment:

r said...

You are brave! That shale is sooo slippery. Yikes! The pictures are great though :)