2.27.2011

I will need a parka

It's finally time for us to tell you where we are headed this fall. Remember how I told you that Gabe had several offers from all the auditions in NY? I posted a few weeks ago about our summer plans in Logan, UT with Utah Opera Festival. Then, this fall we are headed somewhere very cold. A frozen tundra to be exact.

Here is a hint...


Imagine me staring at you right now with a blank stare...eyes blinking every 2-3 seconds. No words.

Minneapolis, Minnesota

But, even though us Florida kids will be in below freezing weather a portion of the time we are there, this is a HUGE deal for Gabe. Minnesota Opera is a GREAT company to work for and we feel awesome about this offer. We will be there for about nine months, Fall 2011-Spring 2012. We have heard great things about the twin cities and we are excited to experience another place. Plus there are tons of hospitals, too.
 Lots of possiblilties for both of us.

So, while we are here in P-Cola, we're soaking up as much sun as possible.

Love to you all.

4 comments:

Nicole Lambert said...

Congrats guys! We are so excited for you! Good job!! And enjoy Utah this summer! Maybe when we are there we can meet up! Bear Lake is one of my favorite spots and yall are going to be so close, maybe we can meet there!

Nama said...

How exciting! I don't know if I could survive the frozen tundra of Minnesota. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture Christina! Congratulations to Gabe! Enjoy Minnesota and try to stay warm. Love you both:)
Love, Jenn & the Family

Brett M said...

Congrats! There is definitely something to be said for trying something new. :-) We lived in Illinois over the winter a few years ago and I'm glad now that I had that experience. And you two are so positive, you'll probably love it.
And BTW, I think we'll be in UT when Gabe is performing there. Would love to see you both!