11.18.2010

last days in louisville

Since this is our last week here, we wanted to make sure to hit up some hot spots. Stuff we've been meaning to do for three months. The one day we set aside to do these things it rained, a lot. We walk more than drive here, so I was not excited about walking in the rain but Gabe tried to convince me it would be fun.


 I thought the water looked like Christmas lights. So pretty!

Our first stop was The Galt House, a hotel a few blocks down from us. It has a gingerbread village on display now. It looked delicious! The Christmas Tree is made of lollipops!


Next stop, 21 C, a swanky hotel downtown with a bar/restaurant called Proof and an art gallery. It's all super modern and contemporary.

 This instillation below was called Text Rain. A tiny camera in the wall projected your image on the wall, and the text rain landed on your silouhette, and moved as soon as you moved. It was my favorite piece. The text was from a poem about the body.

If you have time, you sould totally check out this website and explore the hotel and museum, most of the exhibits are featured on their site.  


Last stop, Louisville Slugger museum. We actually stopped by the museum when we first came here but we forgot the camera. I just took one pic on my phone of the outside with Gabe standing in front of the giant bat.
Can you see him? :)




This go around, we dove in and hit the batting cages! I used an aluminum bat, Gabe used an authentic Louisville Slugger, that was a replica of the bat Babe Ruth used.
I know this will be shocking to you...but I actually hit the ball. Not just once, but several times. Gabe did much better, but did say that the wooden bat was much more difficult than the aluminum one.



So, I have to admit, even though it was raining, we spent much of the time indoors and we had a ton of fun!

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

You are too cute in a baseball helmet! LOL