10.19.2010

Cinci

I've heard a lot of people around here call Cincinnati, Cinci. So, there I go. Acting like a local. Gabe applied to grad school in Cincinnati a few years ago and I secretly hoped it wouldn't work out. I'm not meant to live in snow. I only play in it. After visiting the city I truly loved how it displayed the season. While Gabe was in an audition for Cincinnati Opera, I drove around and found Eden Park. It lived up to it's name.




I also went to the Cincinnati Museum of Art. They had this really cool exhibit of wedding dresses created over the last 200 years. I couldn't take pictures, but Zac Posen made me open my eyes to wedding dresses that were anything but white or ivory. The museum was free! Yah! So pretty too!


Then I drove Gabe back to the park after he was done. He loved it too.


All the pictures on the blog header are from the park too :)
We had a lot of fun!



(I started to add texture to this photo, but ended up going with the original. I thought the colors were perfect. Gabe made fun of me for wanting to take a picture in front of a wall,
but I think he might have to recant.)

Heading to Lexington on Thursday to see a friend. Yah for seeing new places!


3 comments:

Nama said...

I agree; the original of that photo is perfect. :) The colors are wonderful, and yes, the textured, rock wall in the background, to me, is what really makes this photo!

And I love your pictures of the fall colors in Cincinnati. I really miss that season here in Houston. The leafs just kind of change and die randomly one day, which isn't beautiful at all!

Kim said...

I love, love, love all the beautiful pictures you post, Christina! What a fun time in your lives where you get to travel around and see so many places. That last picture of you two is perfect:)

Nicole Lambert said...

What a beautiful place!! I am so glad that you guys are loving your time there! Enjoy your travels!! xoxo