6.25.2009

Four years





Dear Elder,




You came home four years ago today. You were happy and smiling and exduded the Spirit. You were someone I remembered, yet someone brand new. We welcomed you home with tears and love. Welcome home Elder.




The day you left, was a day quite different. I was scared, unsure of the journey ahead, and sad to say goodbye to my best friend. What would it be like to not talk to you everyday or see your smiling face...or hear you sing.





You quickly fell in love with Brazil and with the Gospel you taught. You learned so much everyday and stayed busy. I loved receiving your letters. The mailbox was my new favorite place. I loved opening the letters, just like a present. Filled with prayers, inspirations and "I love yous."



I threw myself into school, trying to move forward and yet had to stay in a place filled with memories of you. I felt you close to me everyday. I learned how to take care of people while you learned how to change a life. I had amazing friends that made me laugh everyday and your letters brought me peace.





I learned many lessons while you were gone. One being, two years goes by very fast in the grand scheme of things. The day came closer and closer and the nerves started again. What would I say? Would I still love you the same? I did not sleep the night before you came home.





Then...there you were. Someone I'd loved so long, even with an ocean between us. Thank you for coming home and loving me even more. My heart grew for you. Thank you for making me your wife six months later. I could not imagine being happier. The most amazing place in the world is anywhere when you're next to me.







And one more thing Elder...thank you for leaving.






Neither of us would be the people we are today without the time apart. I could never have imagined you becoming even more wondeful, loving, respectful and caring. You became the person I was meant to marry. Thank you my husband for everything.




Love you forever.


4 comments:

Gretchen J'Deene said...

This brought me to tears! I sure love you guys and Christina I am so happy that Gabers married you! You are such a great blessing to our family! It has been so fun to see your relationship from the very beginning to where it is now!:) There is just more fun ahead!

Nicole Lambert said...

Very sweet post! I loved reading it!

Kim said...

Christina! This post was so beautiful. You two are such a beautiful couple and I love seeing you together and so happy! You were always such a strength to me while Stace was gone-- I understood all of the emotions you described, it was such a blessing for me to be able to turn to you during that time for advice and comfort. And when Gabe came home it also brought so much comfort to me seeing you two together. I just looked back at an e-mail I sent Stace on 9/5/05 about seeing you guys hugging at church and how much hope it gave me. I found a note you wrote me on 6/29/05: "His sister made a bunch of signs, they all turned out really cute. I was so nervous, as you can probably tell from the pictures. It happened so fast. We were all waiting near security, for
him to come down a very long hallway, and before I saw him, I heard his sister say, "there he is, I see him", and I stopped breathing. So, I got closer to her until I finally saw him, and I was just so overwhelmed. He looked exactly the same, except for looking a little bit older. My mom
took these pics, but I know his brother-in law took even better pictures, so once I get those I'll send them to you too. Love you!!!! Christina"
So happy for you guys for how wonderfully happy you are:) Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This post seriously made me tear up a little! Very touching, I can't imagine being apart from the person you love for 2 years!!

ps. Hi... I'm Crystal. :) I saw your blog on BBL!! :)